On Friday evening I took measurements in apartment 309 while Kristin sketched the layout and labeled it with the appropriate lengths. I then went straight to Lowes to price out PVC pipe. In order to construct a proper fort, 140 feet is needed. Multiply that by the cost of a 10 foot stick, add in the necessary fittings, and other miscellaneous materials and the total comes to around $30. Then divide this between the dedicated fort members (likely all those who are reading this) and it will only cost a few dollars a piece!
After leaving Lowes I was quite bored as well as excited about the Fort, Part II. In an effort to give direction to my unbridled excitement, I downloaded Google Sketchup and made a 3D diagram of the Fort, Part II. See pictures below.
Once the Fort, Part II is complete (meaning the inside and outside lights are wired to The Clapper) all are welcome to come bask in it's glory. However, if too many visitors come I will start charging admission. Yeah I know I don't live there but give me a break; I have an unpaid internship.
Also, construction should begin within a week.

9 comments:
This is a great diagram! I love that it even has the little speaker on top of the tv. I'm sad I will miss construction, but I am excited to have a fort again!
i would love to buy my way into the exclusive fort group. please let me know what it will cost me. i make bangin treats btw...let me know. love shannan.
Just a few things, you little cracker.
A) I am reading your blog and I am not a fort member. This makes you a chronic liar.
B) You use variations of the word "erect" far too often.
C) You are a crusty old perv.
it may be that i live in a room/apt smaller than the fort...but i'm insanely jealous. wish i was in utah doing an unpaid internship.
i just failed your word verification 2 times.
Michon, I have disabled the word verification feature for you and others that have difficulty with word verification.
i think i like the blogger that goes by the name "The American"
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to congratulate you on the unpaid internship or pass along my condolences, but...whatever.
Also, why do I never see you at school anymore? Did you drop out? Did I drop out and not know it? Hmm...
Umm you are already better at Google Sketchup than I am and we spent a few weeks on it in a class. I can never get the furniture to sit on the ground and generally make things go where I want them to. Annoying.
In reference to all of this forting, I again, feel gypped (or however you spell it). YOU BELONG IN OREGON.
Post a Comment